How To Do A Real Wardrobe/Closet Clear Out
Over the past year, I have been redefining my style and thinking about how to become the stylish person I want to be. So last month, I bought a few pieces that I really loved. A haul will be coming up real soon!! I also noticed that there were a lot of stuff in my in closet that no longer fit or looked good on me anymore. With that, I decided to really clear out my closet and make it more of a streamlined closet that reflects who I am. So this past Monday, I did just that. Here are the six things I learned!
1. Do You Like/Enjoy Wearing That Piece of Clothing?: This is a question I asked myself every time I picked up a piece of clothing. If I answered yes then I kept it, if the answer was no, it went into the trash or charity bin. You need to really like and enjoy wearing that pair of jeans or top, if you don't, let it go. There were moments where I literally sat down for like an hour pondering one piece of clothing, so there will be moments were letting go will be hard. But listen to the words of Elsa and let it go!
2. What Will You Actually Wear: Sometimes you keep things because it has sentimental value. This is okay, but will you actually wear it? There are some shirts were I can no longer wear it out in public, but I kept it because I can wear it to sleep. Only keep an item if you can actually get a good use out of it. There should be nothing in your closet that sits there collecting dust.
3. Give Away What You Don't Want Or Need: This goes back to the first point but learn to let things go. I recently gave a way my grad dress to a friend. It was so hard because I loved that dress so much, but, it no longer looked good on me and it no longer fit. When it doesn't fit, it needs to go, and when you don't need it, know that someone else might.
4. When You Buy Something New, Something Old Has To Go: I recently just adopted this method and I am so happy I did. Most of my shirts no longer fit, so when I bought new ones, I knew that I would be letting go of the old ones. If you are building a new style like I am, this may not apply; but if you are not, then this completely applies. When you go shopping, know that whatever you're buying will be replacing something old. This will always keep your closet looking great and not over crowded.
5. Your Closet Should Reflect The Season: I love this because it makes life a whole lot easier. Basing your closet on the season is so important. This makes sure that your closet is not over crowded. Most importantly, it allows you to continue the streamline affect throughout the year.
6. Craft Your Style: When you craft a style or when you have clear sense of style, it allows you to know what to buy and what not to buy. This is so important because sometimes we have no idea what we want when it comes to style, so we end up buying clothes that we never wear or clothes that don't fit. Work on what you love and get inspired by your style icons.
Are you gonna try these tips? Let me know down below?
Stay connect with me here!