5 Things I Have Learned So Far This Ramadan
Ramadan started about 15 days ago and over 1.5 billion people who are Muslim are fasting this month. Here are a few things I have learned fasting this Ramadan. Also, I did a Ramadan vlog if you want to have a watch. Just scroll down!
1. The older you get, the harder it is to fast! Talking to my group of friends, many have said this! When we were younger, we really didn't have lots to do and our bodies were better at going without food. Now it's is so tough.
2. You realize who you are when you're hungry. I'm so moody and angry when I'm hungry and although I choose to fast for my faith, it's still so hard...I know it sounds like I'm complaining, lol. I have also realized that I complain a lot...not proud of that.
3. Breaking fast is the best! I break fast at around 9pm and I literally look forward to it everyday!
4. You realize the difference food and water can make. As Muslims we fast this month for our faith but also to understand how it feels to go without food. So many people go without food and water everyday. We are so fortunate to be able to have access to good healthy food and clean water. So many people do not have this luxury, so as we fast, we get a better understanding of people who are less fortunate than us.
5. It's important to do good! During this month, most Muslims do their very best to be kind and loving towards everyone, so when horrific things happen, it is incredibly heartbreaking.
Hope everyone's month is going well! Tell me what your up to!
Stay connect with me here!