5 Ways To Combat Dry Hair
1. Oils...loads of oils: They are your best friend no what type of hair you have. You just have to find the right oil for your hair and how to use it. As someone who has super tight curls, oils love my hair because I have super dry hair. I use oils in my hair about twice a week. The oils I use are castor oil, coconut oil, shea butter, lavender oil, and olive oil. This mixture of oils have really helped my dry brittle hair and have also helped my hair grow. If you have fine straight hair or hair that you feel won’t take oils, try using some of these oils in your conditioner and then washing them out. Just adding it into your conditioners will make a huge difference.
2. Moisturizing Conditioners: When it comes to shampoos, I don’t think there is much of a difference because all they do is clean and strip your hair of dirt. So focus on the conditioner, there are so many conditioners with great moisturizing agents in them. When looking for conditioners, look for ones that say something along the lines of moisturization, strengthening, and fights against dry or brittle hair. Also look for added boosters of oils like, Moroccan, Argan, or avocado oils. Another thing you can do is add your own oils to your favourite conditioners.
3. Create Your Own Homemade Hair Treatment: Creating your own hair treat is so so so easy. Combine whatever oils you like or find awesome hair treatment recipes online and do them at home. I started doing this last year and I am never going back! It is a life changer! My favourite hair treatment is one I created myself. It has castor oil, coconut oil, shea butter, lavender oil, and olive oil; add this into your favourite conditioner or just put this treatment on wet hair, put a shower cap on, keep it on for 15-30 minutes or longer, watch a movie maybe, than rinse it out. Trust me, you will thank me later....hopefully, lol!
4. Leave In Conditioners: Get a leave in conditioner. Getting a leave in conditioner to help your hair stay less dry and moisturize during the day can be very helpful. There are so many great ones on the market, just make sure to get one that have the keywords of what you need on the bottle.
5. Once A Week Washes: Don’t wash your hair so often! If you wash your hair every day, try and wash it every other day, if you want to do more, try once a week. Washing your hair everyday stripes it of its natural oils so try not to wash your hair as much.
There is a new video on makeup, if you are tired of the hair talk, lol!