10 Things That Happen When You Move From A Small City To A Big City
I moved to the city 3 years ago and I am still here! I have learned a few things a long the way, so I thought I would share them with you!
1. You will get extremely excited at the thought of living in the big city. You will feel like Carrie from "Sex and The City" or like Hannah from "Girls", it really depends on the group of friends you have.
2. I will admit, everyone is so much meaner, harsher, and bit more scary in the big city. People will not think twice before they shove you out of the way to get to the train.
3. There aren't a lot of grocery stores. But there are lots of convenience stores, which turns out not be convenient at all.
4. You will miss saying hi to random strangers and having them return the greeting. But sometimes, you can have the best conversations with random people on the subway.
5. You learn to build tough skin in the city, if you don't, you won't survive...I know so dramatic but true.
6. Unfortunately, you will witness someone being assaulted, whether it be physical or verbal. You will learn to choose your battles and will start to think twice about simple things like taking the transit. It is a scary world out there but you realize that it is people who make it scary. So be the kind of person who helps out!
7. Homeless people will become a part of your everyday life. You will see them differently the longer you live in the city.
8. You will become "cooler", whatever that means to you. You will know about hip and edgy neighbourhoods, "the parties" and "the people".
9. As you advance in your career, going to parties will no longer be about having fun, they will be about making sure you talk to "the right people". The people who work at the big companies, organizations, and have really cools jobs; everyone is so eager to get their foot into the door. Just remember not sell your soul for a job.
10. Lastly, you will miss your small city/small town, the comfort, security, and safety it once gave you, but you secretly know that, a year from now, you won’t be able to imagine living anywhere else.
What city do you live in? Are you in a small town with hopes of moving to the city? Tell me down below!
Stay connect with me here!